In the last 25 years over 3 million new residents have flocked to North Carolina. It’s no surprise everyone wants in on the gem that is our state. With so much to offer in terms of work, recreation, and landscape, NC is a real win-win.
- UNC Chapel Hill is the oldest state university in the United States. Opened it’s door in 1795.
2. Blackbeard, also known as Edward Teach and believed to have been a native of England, was killed off the North Carolina Outer Banks in November 1718. He had begun his pirating career just five years earlier, when he joined the crew of a Caribbean sloop, manned by pirate Benjamin Hornigold. Blackbeard was a notorious pirate whose long, dark beard inspired his nickname. After capturing more than 30 ships during his pirating career, Blackbeard was slain during a bloody battle on Ocracoke Island off of North Carolina.
3. At 6,684 ft. Mt. Mitchell is the highest peak east of the Mississippi.
4. Caleb Davis Bradham was born in Chinquapin, North Carolina, on May 27, 1867. … On August 28, 1898, Bradham renamed his drink “Pepsi-Cola.” He believed the drink was more than a refreshment but a “healthy” cola, aiding in digestion, getting its roots from the word dyspepsia, meaning indigestion.
5. Babe Ruth hit his first home run in Fayetteville on March 7th 1914.
The people are nice and welcoming, the food is delicious, the night life is amazing, the scenery is beautiful, you get all four seasons. There’s nothing quite like Carolina! Contact one of our talented agents for more information. The Ann Milton Team is ready to help you make North Carolina your home. 910-237-1675 or 910-814-1012