The most important day of Summer is quickly approaching: National Ice Cream Day, which is Sunday, July 16. It would be an injustice not to celebrate it (we’ll take any and all excuses to eat an extra scoop), so we’ve rounded up all the best deals for free and discounted ice cream across the nation. Pick your favorite spot, grab your ice cream squad, and make the most out of the best Sunday ever!
- McDonald’s: Use the McDonald’s mobile app to redeem the offer for a free vanilla soft serve cone. If you participate in the promotion from 2 to 5 p.m., you’ll have the possibility of being the one lucky winner of a lifetime supply of McDonald’s soft serve.
- Coldstone Creamery – Join the rewards program and received an emailed coupon for buy-one, get-one-free on July 16.
- Carvel is offering a buy one, get one deal on any size soft serve in a cone or cup. You can order your soft serve in vanilla, chocolate, or Oreo.
- Whole Foods Market is offering a special deal on Ben & Jerry’s ice cream pints. On Sunday, you can get two pints for just $6. Select Whole Foods locations will also be holding what the chain is calling a “Sundae Fundae” sampling event. At Sundae Fundae, customers will be invited to make-their-own sweet treats inside the store.
- Ice Cream Social In Fuquay – Join us on Sunday, July 16th from 4 – 6 pm at the Fuquay Mineral Spring Park, where our town’s history began, to celebrate National Ice Cream Day and our town! Free ice cream, iced tea and lemonade will be served.
- Dairy Queen is not offering any National Ice Cream Day specific deals, but you can join the Blizzard Fan Club for a BOGO Blizzard. Honestly, I’d still do it for half-off Blizzards.
A little piece of trivia for you as well…Former President Ronald Reagan declared July National Ice Cream Month in 1984, stating that the food should be recognized with “appropriate ceremonies and activities.” And, I would have to agree with him as well!
Summer and ice cream go together like no other! Go forth and enjoy your guilt free ice cream day!